Monday, May 4, 2009

Tank done. Next!

So the tank is done. I didn't really enjoy painting it as much as I thought I would've. I'd always harbored dreams of doing a Thousand Sons army (you know, before they won the codex lottery) and so thought the paint scheme would make it interesting. It's one of those things: about half way through I wanted it done. Now that its done...I really like it.




The symbol on the front and the back: I wanted to do this Tzeentchian graffiti, scrawled by some cultist. So I was deliberately going for the 'rough' (aka bad) look. Think I was a little too literal with the Tzeentch symbol and may go in to make it look a little smother, less like a jelly belly left out in the sun.






Right, onto the next Kublacon project: the Tau. Here's a quick shot of them before they were primed. Mainly to show the bases. I'm gonna do white and red with a few back details, essentially the Tau color scheme from the front of the Cities of Death book.


Haven't decided on what to do for the base. I'm currently leaning towards stone grey with gold for the inset lettering/pattern of the Imperial Basilica. Any suggestions on something that'd contrast with red & white?



No comments:

Post a Comment