Friday, May 1, 2009

For someone who doesn't like 40K very much...

...I sure seem to have a lot of 40K projects, and none of them are the Martian SRO. Don't have the minis yet. What I'm working on:
What do Orks and Necrons have in common?
Nothing.
I have an Ork army, Deathskulls. Very heavily converted. And, one model aside, I never really made the transition with them to the new codex.

I'd been using my Orks with sniper rifles as Flash Gitz. But it didn't feel right. Flash Gitz have Nob stats and my guys were regular boys. (I think her hear some lightbulbs popping to life)

Yup, Nobs + Necrons = Deathskull Flash Gits with Cybork bodies.

Oh and the box of boys? Nothing, just needed some more boys to fill in a couple mobs here and there.
And this?
This is my Tzeentch Russ Demolisher. Work in progress. I'm playing in this event at Kublacon this. Go to Kublacon.com and search the events for "40K pink slip".

Essentially, it's a 200 pt game where the winner takes the loser's army for the rest of the tournament. People bring a second 200 pt unit (can be from a different army) that goes in a pool. First round losers make a 400 pt army from the pool.


My other selection are some Tau Crisis Suits. They're just primed with some red on them right now, and so didn't make a good pic. When they get painted, I'll post them.
My final project: Updating the Mordian 442nd to the new IG Codex. Got a couple of sergeants who're going to get their arms hacked off and powerfisted up. (Edit: Um...that sounded a lot less wrong in my head. Which probably says a lot about me).

And just for fun: my ogre blood bowl team for this year's Kublacon: The Ten-See Titans.

If you're interested in the event search "BBCS" or "Blood Bowl Championship Series." It's a great event, with digitally rendered pitches by Trent LeClair.

You've never played until you've played on a forcefield over a pit of lava with Tzeentch changing the rules every kickoff ("for this possession...two blitzes per side!")
























And a pic of the team captain

2 comments:

  1. Peg Leg Pete! Did you ever get around to numbering the Ogre Team?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, they're completely done.

    ReplyDelete